Children and Youth Sunday School
Sunday mornings at UCP are bustling with activity!
• Supervised professional care is provided for infants and children to 24 months.Child care staff are available from approximately 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
• Structured classes begin at age 2. There are teams of teachers and assistants for each classlevel so the team can work together to cover the year.
• Training is held each quarter to be sure all the teachers are comfortable with the curriculum and ready for a good experience.
• All teachers, assistants, youth workers and Parish Board members are trained in child protection and safety.
Sunday School is scheduled from 9:50 to 10:50 am between the two main morning services, so that everyone can attend. Children and Youth Sunday School classes are grouped to enable age-appropriate focus of classes, including:
• Sprouts (2 and 3 years old) provides a fun introduction to bible stories in a self-contained Sunday School class. Their lessons correspond to Bible Explorers as age appropriate.
• Bible Explorers (4 years old through 6th grade) -- explores Bible stories through drama, art, computers, food, music and games, using a modified rotation model. The current curriculum can be found here.
• Youth (7th - 12th grades)-- meet for Bible study and mission activities.
The annual schedule for Sunday School is generally similar to that for the public school system, from the first week of September through late June. Please check the Worship Schedule in the calendar for a specific week, especially around holiday periods.