2016 Interfaith Thanksgiving Eve Gathering
Each year UCP hosts a community Thanksgiving Eve gathering which allows the local community to come together in celebration of the diversity of our community. We share the unity of our humanity in the simple, yet universal message of “giving thanks to God” for the gift of each other and lift up the call anew to care for our neighbors and neighborhood.
This year's service is on Wednesday, November 23 at 7:30 pm in the UCP Sanctuary,
Everyone is welcome! You don't need to be part of any of the participating faith communities or organizations! Just come and be thankful!
We try to bring a mix of leaders from local faith communities, local community organizations, and local leaders. As of November 14, the following have committed to participating:
• Rev. Debra Haffner, Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Reston
• Larry and Kari Uman,Shoreshim Community
• Rabbi Michelle "Mina" Goldsmith, Congregation Beth Emeth
• Rev. LaVerne Gill, UCP
• Rev. Llolyd Kinzer, UCP
• State Representative Ken Plum
• State Senator Janet Howell
• Maryam Ovissi, Beloved Yoga
• All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS)
• Taiwan Buddhist Tzu Chi USA
A number of other organizations have been invited. We hope to have responses in the next few days.
A social time for connecting and re-connecting follows the service.